Do you have the skills to help SDV build our social media presence? If so, we could have just the opportunity for you.
In common with lots of small organisations, social media is increasingly important to SDV and we would like to recruit a team of volunteers who can help us to keep our Twitter and Facebook pages active and interesting. A key point in SDV’s annual social media calendar is Unlocking Detention, a virtual ‘tour’ of detention, coordinated by Detention Forum, which takes place in October to December.
What will you be doing?
- Updating SDV’s Facebook and Twitter sites with news, images and other content
- Coming up with and implementing imaginative ideas to build followers on each site
- Researching detention related news and events
- Playing a key role in #Unlocked17
- Building SDV’s Instagram presence.
The skills and qualities you’ll need include:
- Experience of working or volunteering in a NGO or in a team
- An interest in and general understanding of immigration detention in the UK
- Experience of internet-based research to find information
- Experience of using Twitter and Facebook
- Demonstrable ability to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to work on your own initiative and complete tasks on time
You can volunteer from home, so you don’t need to be based in Glasgow, but if you are, working at our office is an option too. Wherever you volunteer from, you’ll be supported by SDV staff, receive reasonable expenses and have the opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge.
A full description of the role is available here. If you’re interested, please contact Shirley, our coordinator, at SDVcoordinator@sdv.org.uk for an application form. If you have any questions about the role, contact Kate our director at email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Friday 1 September.
Look forward to hearing from you!